Ultimate Insider Madden Sim League 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Insider Madden Sim League 2

Ultimate Madden League for Ultimate Football Fans. Come To Win.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roster Updates

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Purple-Pride07

Purple-Pride07

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 7:03 pm

Hey guys I dont wanna break anyones balls or anything, but can we just update the rosters. Its not only tougher without the up to date rankings, but its not as fun.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89

Ruskie89

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
Hey guys I dont wanna break anyones balls or anything, but can we just update the rosters. Its not only tougher without the up to date rankings, but its not as fun.

We voted, talked, and decided not to.
Back to top Go down
Purple-Pride07

Purple-Pride07

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 7:14 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:

We voted, talked, and decided not to.

How come?
Back to top Go down
yayanjl
Admin
yayanjl

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 8:46 pm

I already had this discussion with you Purple.

For the Vikings OF COURSE they want the updated rosters, as All Day Adrian Peterson is like a 92 I believe.

The Updated rosters ONLY benefit about 25% of the teams. And absolutely demoralize the ratings of the other 75%. That's the reason we're not updating.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89

Ruskie89

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 9:14 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:

For the Vikings OF COURSE they want the updated rosters, as All Day Adrian Peterson is like a 92 I believe.

The Updated rosters ONLY benefit about 25% of the teams. And absolutely demoralize the ratings of the other 75%. That's the reason we're not updating.

D'oh! didn't even realize it was the Vikes asking lol.
Back to top Go down
Purple-Pride07

Purple-Pride07

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 2:01 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:

That doesnt matter...like I continuously say in regards to AD; he doesnt need to be 92, he gets roughly 1600 yards and 9 or 10 TD's a year anyways.

I think with updated rosters, we have a better understanding of which players are rated certain ways.

For example, a guy like, i dont know, Derrick Ward, Running Back of the New York Giants hes like a high 60 to low 70 RB in the game now. With the udpates, hes 80+ ovr; and everyone in the league would know it because at the time in the actual NFL, he was doing good.

Its hard to explain, but im sure you grasp the basics of what im sayaing.

And I would say it hurts maybe 25% of teams and benefit 75%....hell to prove it ill switch teams for all i care to prove its not about Peterson. I just hate original rankings. And if you look at the voting poll its in favor of Updating now.
Back to top Go down

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 3:38 pm

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:

That doesnt matter...like I continuously say in regards to AD; he doesnt need to be 92, he gets roughly 1600 yards and 9 or 10 TD's a year anyways.

I think with updated rosters, we have a better understanding of which players are rated certain ways.

For example, a guy like, i dont know, Derrick Ward, Running Back of the New York Giants hes like a high 60 to low 70 RB in the game now. With the udpates, hes 80+ ovr; and everyone in the league would know it because at the time in the actual NFL, he was doing good.

And I would say it hurts maybe 25% of teams and benefit 75%....hell to prove it ill switch teams for all i care to prove its not about Peterson. I just hate original rankings. And if you look at the voting poll its in favor of Updating now.

Anser is no, that's the bottom line. And it doesnt help 75% of the Teams. The Texans, Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, Browns and other such teams that are "consistently made" to be bad teams, drop about an avg. of 5 total "Team overall" points. Thats usually at least a 25% drop throughout their roster, and whether you realize it or not, that's a big drop.
Back to top Go down
TruBalla3920

TruBalla3920

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 4:16 pm

The Packers get screwed over without updates kinda bad.. Bigby and Grant don't exist.
Back to top Go down

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 4:35 pm

While i understand that, the fact is we did have a poll on this and the poll's outcome was that we didn't use them. So we're not going to.
Back to top Go down
TruBalla3920

TruBalla3920

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 4:37 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:
While i understand that, the fact is we did have a poll on this and the poll's outcome was that we didn't use them. So we're not going to.

I don't care either way, but the poll did favor updated rosters.
Back to top Go down

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:09 pm

TruBalla3920 wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:

I don't care either way, but the poll did favor updated rosters.

Well, we had decided at the end that we weren't doing them since we started the league based on original Rosters.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89

Ruskie89

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:40 pm

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:

My point is this: Updated rosters simulate what has happened in the real NFL, since we are starting PRIOR to the season, we should use the ratings PRIOR to the season.

If Derrick Ward improved due to him playing well this NFL season, that shouldn't influence how well he is rated before our season starts.
Back to top Go down
Purple-Pride07

Purple-Pride07

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 6:18 pm

Well w.e, just dont use the poll as an excuse not to update; becauser the poll is in favour of updating.
Back to top Go down

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 6:19 pm

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
Well w.e, just dont use the poll as an excuse not to update; becauser the poll is in favour of updating.

While the "clicker was" there was more in depth conversation throughout.

Evil or Very Mad That's you're answer.

and in case you didn't get that.

No Evil or Very Mad Arrow Mad No Evil or Very Mad Mad No Evil or Very Mad Mad No Evil or Very Mad Laughing Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Back to top Go down
Purple-Pride07

Purple-Pride07

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 7:48 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:

No Evil or Very Mad Arrow Mad No Evil or Very Mad Mad No Evil or Very Mad Mad No Evil or Very Mad Laughing Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow

Im not ignorant and im not gonna be in a league like this either.

I can handle not doing updates, but if your gonna be disrespectful then so be it. Make fun of someone over a computer. As far as im concerned yayanjl is the Vikings as of now.
Back to top Go down

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:

I can handle not doing updates, but if your gonna be disrespectful then so be it. Make fun of someone over a computer. As far as im concerned yayanjl is the Vikings as of now.

Dude, you take shit too personal, i was fucking around with you.
Back to top Go down
Purple-Pride07

Purple-Pride07

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 7:54 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:

Dude, you take shit too personal, i was fucking around with you.

No but, I mean you turn a civilized conversation and try to basically give me an ultimatum; take it or leave it? whatever then dude, it really doesnt matter im already in the other league, im just trying to help out with this one make sure theres a full list of teams; if you cant appreciate me apparently wasting my time on this site then so be it.
Back to top Go down

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 8:08 pm

i think that you're over dramaticizing crap. I didn't give you an ultimatum.
Back to top Go down
Purple-Pride07

Purple-Pride07

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 8:40 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:

Then wtf was even the point of a poll?
Back to top Go down

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 8:43 pm

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:

Chill, first of all, EVEN DC said from the beginning we were using original rosters.
Back to top Go down
yayanjl
Admin
yayanjl

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 8:45 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:

Chill, first of all, EVEN DC said from the beginning we were using original rosters.

You just proved his point. If the head admin says from the begining that we are using orginal rosters, why was there a poll? Lol.
Back to top Go down

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 8:54 pm

yayanjl wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:

You just proved his point. If the head admin says from the begining that we are using orginal rosters, why was there a poll? Lol.

Same reason the Head Admin made a poll about me when 2 people complained and pointed the finger at me for the leagues "trade" problems..

When you come up with an answer, how about you let me know.
Back to top Go down
Purple-Pride07

Purple-Pride07

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 11:00 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:
yayanjl wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:

Same reason the Head Admin made a poll about me when 2 people complained and pointed the finger at me for the leagues "trade" problems..

When you come up with an answer, how about you let me know.

That still makes absolutely no sense.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08

SoxNats08

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 4:42 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:
i think that you're over dramaticizing crap. I didn't give you an ultimatum.

the madden ultimatum affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roster Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Updates   Roster Updates Empty

Back to top Go down

Roster Updates
Page 1 of 1