Ultimate Insider Madden Sim League 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Insider Madden Sim League 2

Ultimate Madden League for Ultimate Football Fans. Come To Win.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll

Go down 
+8
Ruskie89
laraiders2006
Wildcats
yayanjl
Tatupu51
cav_fan2
RMorneau231984
DC
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Original Rosters Or Updated Rosters
Updated
Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll Vote_lcap59%Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll Vote_rcap
 59% [ 13 ]
Original
Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll Vote_lcap41%Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll Vote_rcap
 41% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
DC
Admin

Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll Empty
PostSubject: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 1:23 pm

What do you all want to use and tell me why please. I want everyone here to be happy and have a say it how we run things here. I like being fair and I want this to last as long as we can.

So cast your vote, but please write opinions here.

Thanks,

DC

Last edited by on Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ult2.forumotion.com
RMorneau231984

RMorneau231984

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 1:52 pm

I vote to have the original roster but to me it doesn't make a bit of difference I would be happy with either or.
Back to top Go down
cav_fan2

cav_fan2

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Either is fine...it will tougher on you as head admin to get the updated ratings for everyone, but it really doesn't matter to me...we can go with either
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 2:15 pm

I voted original, but in reality..i don't mind either way. I'm sure there'd be ALOT of people that would like the Original and alot that would like the Updated. The plus side of the updated is that some rookies not previously in the league will be,the downside is IR guys and Michael Vick and Odell Thurman not being in the game.
Back to top Go down
Tatupu51

Tatupu51

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 2:19 pm

I voted original since we are starting the year we have what our teams had at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
yayanjl
Admin
yayanjl

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 2:50 pm

I voted updated, but do original. It would screw the whole league up having the Pats all 99s and the Fins all 10s (lol).
Back to top Go down
Wildcats

Wildcats

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 3:06 pm

cav_fan2 wrote:
Either is fine...it will tougher on you as head admin to get the updated ratings for everyone, but it really doesn't matter to me...we can go with either
Back to top Go down
laraiders2006

laraiders2006

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 3:12 pm

If we go with Original, would we redo the 07 draft? or Would we start the Season with everyone where they should be (ie Raiders-Jamarcus Russell and Vikings-AP)
Back to top Go down
DC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 3:14 pm

laraiders2006 wrote:
If we go with Original, would we redo the 07 draft? or Would we start the Season with everyone where they should be (ie Raiders-Jamarcus Russell and Vikings-AP)

We wouldnt redo the draft at all. Only Draft we would do is the 08 and more after that.
Back to top Go down
https://ult2.forumotion.com
Ruskie89

Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:08 pm

I picked the Colts under the impression that we would have original rosters, had I known we would switch to updated I might not have picked them...
Back to top Go down
eight2eighty

eight2eighty

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:16 pm

I change my choice to updated, so that's -1 vote for original and +1 for updated
Back to top Go down
SS #38

SS #38

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:17 pm

I say updated. That way players who came out and played great this year have the rating to show it. And vice versa for those who didn't. Thus it makes the league a little more realistic.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89

Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:23 pm

SS #38 wrote:
I say updated. That way players who came out and played great this year have the rating to show it. And vice versa for those who didn't. Thus it makes the league a little more realistic.

And then it's kinda like we're starting a season based on the player's performance who have already played this season... original allows us to start the season just like the teams and players did. Updated would have guys improve / regress based on this season, then replay the season? Kinda weird.... Then we have the issue of players retiring, etc.
Back to top Go down
eight2eighty

eight2eighty

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:26 pm

Ah, when I meant I want updated, I mean only the ratings. keep the actual team rosters (trades, releasings) original.
Back to top Go down
SS #38

SS #38

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:28 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
SS #38 wrote:

And then it's kinda like we're starting a season based on the player's performance who have already played this season... original allows us to start the season just like the teams and players did. Updated would have guys improve / regress based on this season, then replay the season? Kinda weird.... Then we have the issue of players retiring, etc.
We are simming this year so I just think it should be decently realistic to this year. I have two players who put up Pro Bowl caliber numbers this year (WR Brandon Marshall + DE Elvis Dumervil) and if we use original they are severely underrated considering how good they did in real life. On the flipside I also have a few overrated players that did bad this year. That's why I say we go with updated, just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
eight2eighty

eight2eighty

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Well, i agree SS, we should have the ratings correct so that the league reflects the NFL a little better. But again, I am totally against using updated if we're going to use fully updated rosters, not just ratings.
Back to top Go down
SS #38

SS #38

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:30 pm

eight2eighty wrote:
Well, i agree SS, we should have the ratings correct so that the league reflects the NFL a little better. But again, I am totally against using updated if we're going to use fully updated rosters, not just ratings.
Completely agree.
Back to top Go down
SDdirtybird

SDdirtybird

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:32 pm

orginal now, def

why change now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:37 pm

The problem i think exists is that there are some serious inflations and some "retired' players that teams lose via updates, and I do think that's a problem and warrants us keeping the original rosters.
Back to top Go down
eight2eighty

eight2eighty

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:44 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:
The problem i think exists is that there are some serious inflations and some "retired' players that teams lose via updates, and I do think that's a problem and warrants us keeping the original rosters.

again, keep the rosters the same but update the ratings. We're going to have to draft the league anyways, not edit rosters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:46 pm

eight2eighty wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:

again, keep the rosters the same but update the ratings. We're going to have to draft the league anyways, not edit rosters.

I'm NOT in favor of updating the Ratings either. Because as I just stated, with the updates there are MAJOR inflations. And it also REALLY hurts other teams, like the texans, who i can tell you right now, have almost every player on their roster decrease by like 3 points overall on avg.
Back to top Go down
eight2eighty

eight2eighty

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:56 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:
eight2eighty wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:

I'm NOT in favor of updating the Ratings either. Because as I just stated, with the updates there are MAJOR inflations. And it also REALLY hurts other teams, like the texans, who i can tell you right now, have almost every player on their roster decrease by like 3 points overall on avg.

well, it's up to the vote. i think the poll needs to be restarted with the clarification though, of updates rosters meaning roster changes or just ratings changes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:58 pm

eight2eighty wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
eight2eighty wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:

well, it's up to the vote. i think the poll needs to be restarted with the clarification though, of updates rosters meaning roster changes or just ratings changes.

Updates should refer to a complete change, or nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89

Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 6:08 pm

MaddenMaster wrote:
eight2eighty wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
eight2eighty wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:

Yup. And I would lose LT Tarik Glenn 96 age 31... Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
eight2eighty wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:
eight2eighty wrote:
MaddenMaster wrote:

I for one, am 1000% against the update since we started based on Original rosters, and people have done trades based upon them.

This caused some "static" on my own league when this had to be done do to a simmer change. I think changing it now is an unnecessary need and really, only benefits a few teams and REALLY hurts several others. I think we really need to stick with the original rosters.

Yup. And I would lose LT Tarik Glenn 96 age 31... Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll   Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

Updated Rosters or Original Rosters Poll
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next